Pulmicort (Budesonide) Respules Instructions
This medication is not FDA approved for this particular use.
When using this medication, it is NOT to be used in a nebulizer.
Medication should be administered as directed by your physician.
We recommend a regular, yearly eye exam for any patient using topical nasal steroids for the theoretical risk of developing glaucoma.
Pulmicort Respules Dilute Solution:
- Mix Pulmicort Respules (0.5mg/2ml) into 8 oz. of warm saline (NeilMed or Netti Pot)
- Use half of the solution in each nostril 2-3 times a day (or as instructed)
Pulmicort Respules Concentrated Solution:
- Mix together in a cup 1 Pulmicort respule (0.5mg/2ml) and 2 teaspoon (10ml) of saline solution
- Use a syringe to draw up this mixture
- Perform the technique below
Technique for concentrated Pulmicort irrigation:
- Place the solution in the right nostril and pinch the nose closed
- Lay face down across a bed with your head hanging over the side for 60 seconds (this applies the medication to the right ethmoid and
- Lay on the bed with the right side of your face resting on the bed for 60 seconds (this applies the medication to the right maxillary
- Lay flat on your back for 60 seconds (this applies the medication to the sphenoid sinus)
- Expel the remaining solution from your right nostril
- Repeat the entire procedure in the left nostril (changing "right" to "left" in the instructions)